
This learning management system (LMS) makes life easier for teachers and students. The current trend in online-learning relies heavily on a program that is efficient, user-friendly, and appropriate for certain grade levels. As a student who has used the system in some courses, I know of its convenience and effectiveness. However, as an instructor, the set up can be quite time consuming. While manipulating MOODLE for my course outline, I found that it is not as simple as it appears. For instance, creating a quiz requires a far more extensive selection of formats than a tangible one. But with time and dedication, teachers can easily create effective courses for all students that will enhance collaboration, produce effective technological users, and facilitate coursework effectively.
I liked most of the applications on MOODLE such as creating online references, marking topics, and setting deadlines. It is effective for the most part, especially with providing important resources for each assignment. Movies, a syllabus, and more links are things that are easily added for viewer convenience. As a student, I am always wondering about my grade for an assignment and expectations for each one. So it is imperative that students have access to their grades, rubrics and resources regularly. With this system, a both students and teachers benefit.
At Idaho State University, MOODLE has been evaluated in detail. They have stamped it as their new system of choice to replace their current LMS. Visit this website to find out more about MOODLE and the results of their evaluation.
http://www.isu.edu/itrc/resources/moodle-info.shtml#final
No comments:
Post a Comment